Unity Acres is a House of Hospitality for men in Orwell. Their mission is to provide a safe, caring and permanent home for men, and particularly those who have become chronically homeless due to alcohol or substance abuse, or other factors. Its founder and Director until his death, Father Ray McVey, believed that the Acres should not receive any kind of state or federal funding, but that it should operate and take care of its residents on the free will offerings and gifts of people who have a commitment to caring for those who cannot care for themselves.
Parishioners are asked to bring food items from the list below to the gathering area this weekend, January 25/26, 2020:
- Personal Care Items (12-15oz): deodorant, razors, bars of soap, shampoo (12-15oz).
- Breakfast Foods: boxes of cereal, pancake mix & syrup, powdered milk, large containers of oatmeal.
- Baking Items: brown sugar, granulated sugar, boxes of jello.
- Canned Items: baked beans, soups, canned fruit, canned vegetable, red kidney beans, baked beans, tuna fish, cranberry sauce, crushed tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, pizza sauce.
- Spices: basil, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, oregano, parsley, pepper.
- Snacks: candy bars, potato chips, ramen noodles, pudding cups, popcorn, pretzels, packs of cookies, small cans of juice, Vienna Sausage, Slim Jim’s
- Etc: grated cheese, pasta, pickles, pickle relish, ketchup, vegetable oil.
- Kitty litter (clumping) & laundry detergent
Erin’s Angels has a small request we thought we’d add to our January Special Collection: granola Bars & Jif To-Go Creamy Peanut Butter Cups